View Single Post
      01-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #67
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
I've been thinking of getting spacers but changed my mind. My main concern is rock chips.

I have clearbra on my rocker panels all the way back to behind the rear tires. However the coverage is designed for stock setup. It might need to go higher if the wheels extend out further.

I've been reading the M3 forums and it seems this is a real issue for them. For us it could be worse because our tires are stickier. Many of the M3 guys with spacers have extended clearbra coverage. Niko1414 has already reported a rock chip issue, and he has stock offsets.

Here's a quote from an M3 owner.

Quote:
I ran my track wheels - square setup at 9.5 x 18 et 35. the fronts stick out. After 2 years, I really wish I hadn't. It happens slowly and sneaks up on you. Front of rear wheel arch down low is most noticeable in my case, but there are other, bigger chips from front fender back - but not as many in number - from the side trim down.
I almost never drive in mud or gravel and am conscious when I do, so nothing like that going on as a significant factor either, as compared to someone with a gravel drive, for instance.

Folks will deny it, just like they lie about gas mileage, but its physics. There's debris on all roads, the more the tires stick out, the worse the exposure.

ADS
What are your thoughts on this?
Appreciate 0