View Single Post
      02-11-2013, 05:44 PM   #7
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Yeah you can use a welding torch to remove them cleanly which I will do this week...

The charcoal filters are the airbox filters; thats is what they meant by the liner part. I had them removed after the first dyno so unfortunately I cant tell you what gains, if any, I got from them since they are mated with the exhaust install.

On my M5 I did the exhaust, then dyno, and then the filters so I guess I could go back and dyno it but again Id run into validation questions since its not the same day/conditionts etc.
Oh ok, cool. Not to impune on your dyno results or anything especially because I love the sound of the Meisterschaft, but Rob and I have hypothesis that the removal of the charcoal filters does in fact make power. Fly M5 already provided a dyno that showed a +15hp gain with charcoal filters removed only between dyno runs, but we don't know if that number is absolute. Also, Rob and I did a run against each other, with one M5 that had the filters still installed and the other M5 without the filters installed. The one without the filters pulled on the one with the filters.

Anyways, one thing is certain. You definitely have a GTR killer on your hands. Another member made a video of his stock M6 putting car lengths on a stock 2012 GTR in a race. It was pretty epic. Hoping to get the M5 to that level sooner rather than later. Can't wait to see your M6!

Appreciate 0