View Single Post
      02-11-2013, 06:07 PM   #9
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Oh ok, cool. Not to impune on your dyno results or anything especially because I love the sound of the Meisterschaft, but Rob and I have hypothesis that the removal of the charcoal filters does in fact make power. Fly M5 already provided a dyno that showed a +15hp gain with charcoal filters removed only between dyno runs, but we don't know if that number is absolute. Also, Rob and I did a run against each other, with one M5 that had the filters still installed and the other M5 without the filters installed. The one without the filters pulled on the one with the filters.

Anyways, one thing is certain. You definitely have a GTR killer on your hands. Another member made a video of his stock M6 putting car lengths on a stock 2012 GTR in a race. It was pretty epic. Hoping to get the M5 to that level sooner rather than later. Can't wait to see your M6!

I too think the filters have some juice in them... I not sure how much but there is something there no doubt.. FlyM5's dynos also had the plates installed too and thats where he had huge gains or was there a dyno with just the filters out??. I like to think the exhaust didnt hurt me and that was my goal. Ill have the HRE's on in about 3 weeks but the springs are not even available yet so the car sits a little high.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0