12-04-2012, 12:13 PM   #1
ImpetuousRacer
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Tesla Model X P100D

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
My thoughts on the RPI GTS Exhaust for the F10 M5...

I just got this exhaust put on.

It has a real nice deep tone, I really like it. When you're not all the way into it, it is pretty subdued as well, which is what I wanted. I haven't gone WOT yet because I'm still in the break-in period.

Reasons why I purchased RPI:

Disclaimer: Obviously, this is just my own personal opinion and no disrespect to anyone or any company.

If you look at just the layout between the Eisenmann and RPI when they are laid out on the floor, you can see how much smoother the piping is on the RPI.

The Eisenmann has a lot more bends in the rear section. Also, the RPI looks like the muffler truly utilizes the dual exhaust, and not most of the flow coming out just one of the tips.

Coupled with the fact that RPI actually dyno tests their units, and they've historically outperformed Eisenmann, I would have purchased this exhaust over the Eisenmann even if they were the same price.

The fact the RPI was even less money made it a no brainer. Plus, just looking at the exhaust from the rear, the RPI has that nice aftermarket look, where the Eisenmann looks OEM with their mufflers.

The Akrapovic one is phenomenal quality and light-weight titanium. However, I didn’t think the minimal weight savings really does any real world difference, and no one is looking at the undercarriage of your car. Therefore, those 2 factors didn't justify any reason for me to spend the extra cash on that.

RPI GTS Pic (From Trinity):

Eisenmann Pic:

Installed on my car:

Last edited by ImpetuousRacer; 12-04-2012 at 12:18 PM..
Appreciate 0