View Single Post
      02-19-2013, 11:43 AM   #42
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Somebody asked me how the sound is compared to the E60 V10.

So how is the sound compare to the E60 V10 while driving, idling etc?

I would say that it's almost as loud as the V10, but it obviously lacks that F1 V10 sound. One thing that this engine does differently from any other car I have ever heard is that the exhaust makes extremely loud cracks, like a thunderclap. The stock exhaust system actually makes louder cracks than does the RPi GT system with the mufflers still on, but without the mufflers, the cracks go right through your body. It really really startles you the first time you hear it. The muffler delete makes these cracks when revvings, when upshifting from 1st to 2nd gear, and even when downshifting from 2nd to 1st gear. It doesn't make the crack all the time, I think you have to have the right amount of air exiting the exhaust at a certain velocity for it to occur. I can usually reproduce it when shifting in S3 mode while driving. While revving it's easy to do, because all you have to do is pump the throttle rapidly.

You can just really really hear everything that you are doing with the throttle with the muffler delete. Before, you couldn't get that feeling. It just sounds so amazing.

Last night before I went to bed, I just had to go on one more drive! Lol! Going under highway overpasses is finally fun in the F10 M5. You get on full throttle underneath the overpass and it's a symphony of exhaust sound! SO MUCH FUN!!!
Appreciate 0