View Single Post
      03-09-2012, 06:50 AM   #4
mdh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M5Canuck View Post
It really is less about not agreeing with an opinion and more about not respecting an unfounded opinion. You mentioned active sound, just try it, then give your opinion that it is cool, or no good. I have not seen anyone on here say anything but try it then tell us what you think. I would like to tell you liver and onions sounds terrible; but I have never tried it, so I have no opinion on something I haven't tried.
OK, so according to your logic, nobody in the US should have an opinion on the new M5 at all. Nobody should have an opinion about a war unless they've been in one, etc... Most of the things we have opinions about, we haven't directly experienced. Think about it.

Also it's interesting that the negative opinions need to have experience, but the positive ones don't.

My view is that active discussion is good, as long as people talk about the issues and not each other. As long as this rule is followed, and people are reasonable in their arguments, I'm ok with whatever people want to say about my car, their car, or whatever they have an opinion on - it makes for a more interesting Board.

Last edited by mdh; 03-09-2012 at 06:59 AM..
Appreciate 0