SleepTight
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
So here is my perspective:

1) V1 is out of date. Mike Valentine invented a great detector, and has failed to innovate for the last 20 years. The key thing he is missing is effective false alert filtering. In an urban environment, driving with a V1 means you can't speed because it is always going off. Or you switch of K band but then you might get caught by a cop with an old gun.

2) Bel StIR Plus is much better than the 9500ci. I own both. The 9500ci is in my Lexus, and the Bel STIR+ is in my BMW. The poster above is correct that they are very similar. However the Bel has band segmentation which allows you to switch off non police KA band frequencies. This is a killer feature. It gives the Bel STIR+ the best sensitivity on the market. Better than a V1, but while retaining the filtering logic of the 9500CI. My CI missed instant on radar. My Bel does not.

3) The laser shifters in the 9500ci are weak. The Laser Interceptor Quad HP on my 2012 550i are amazing. I have tested it against 6 guns on runs from 3000 feet and not got one speed reading. The car is a black hole.

This kind of protection is pricey. $3500 for my setup. But freedom is priceless.
I've never heard anyone mention that the Bel STIR+ had any available filter settings that were different than the 9500CI. Interesting. I agree that a non-police KA band filter would be a great feature. I'm wondering why Bel would add this to a detector system that's meant to be a stripped down version of the 9500CI.
Appreciate 0