Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model S

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhsam View Post
It sounds like you took US Delivery of your vehicle and had the vehicle in your possession when this recall was ordered.

Selfishly speaking, from what I understand, was not impacted significantly since my car was still going through the VPC process from my ED. Thats the message I got from CA and it makes sense based on his timelines. I trust him.

I am not looking for compensation but if BMW is offering as a "goodwill gesture" then I would thank them and accept the offer. If its the M School its not worth it for me to pay the airfare and lodging.
+1

I took delivery on 9/19 from US dealer. I was contacted by phone on 9/21 by a BMW NA rep about the recall and asked not to drive the car and told it would be 2 to 3 weeks before replacement parts were available. The replacement oil pump arrived at my repairing dealer Friday (10/19) and was replaced yesterday (10/22) - 5+ weeks after I was notified.

The whole situation was disappointing in the way BMW did not communicate nor follow up with me during the wait and was extremely frustrating for me.

Having said all that I'm glad my car is fixed and don't expect anything from BMW in the way of compensation. Any "goodwill gesture" would be nice and would likely mitigate some of the disappointment I feel about BMW's lack of customer service during this fiasco - but I don't expect nor will I "demand" anything from them.

Mike
Appreciate 0