soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyLeeBMW View Post
It is all personal preference IMHO.

I personally will never buy a non M car & would pay the extra to get an M model any day if you ask me.

If you're asking about MPH comparing both the BMW 550i to an M5 you're def looking into the wrong cars my friend.

I can tell you my M6 Coupe "Competition Package" gets fairly good on gas based on how hard I drive it...

Believe me when I say this and I know everyone on this forum would strongly agree that these cars are impossible to baby around when driving... #realtalk
Agree on that
Had 550i and it seems never drove it hard as it never begs for ot and when you do feedback is little and numb so gradually gas mileage looks better,
Got M5 and of course driving it like it should be -
So MPG average 17.3 which is a lot lower than 550i,
Fortunately had my 550i before selling it privately and had the pleasure of driving it on the day of letting it go and drove it like my M5 in sports more and guess what and I am not lying less MPG than M5!!!!!!! And reason was clear in Sports mode 550i was hung up in very high RPM sometimes unduly!!!! M5 is tuned right !!!! But for the price you pay 550I WITH Dinan on it is a good car still!!!
Appreciate 0