View Single Post
      11-02-2009, 01:55 PM   #48
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project1 View Post
Could not agree with you more...sat in the new SHO, really nice if you like cheaply put together feaux-luxury...it doesn't matter how it looks, if the things i have to touch on a daily basis feel cheap, then forget it...
What is cheap to you? Are you allowing your BMW get in the way of judging if a car is cheap or not? Going from a BMW interior( though not the best in its respective class, but still better then you would get in a Ford, Toyota, etc) with its leather dash, etc and going to the Taurus which will have a lot more plastic will probably give off the cheap feel.

This is an honest question. I keep on seeing people come on here and say the Taurus, Mustangs, etc interior is cheap and crappy. But, from what perspective are you using? Has your BMW's interior influenced or set your standard of what is a good interior or not? There are a lot of kids here on the board that their BMW is their very first car so I am wondering if having a BMW has messed with their perspective.

Comparing the Taurus to your BMW's interior, yeah the Taurus's interior is cheap. But, the Taurus is not aiming to be a luxury car. It is a mainstream full size family sedan. It is not going to have as nice of interior as a Benz, Audi, or BMW.

So I am just wondering, how do you judge if the interior is cheap or not? Do you compare it to the competition or by what you already drive?

Last edited by quagmire; 11-02-2009 at 02:13 PM..
Appreciate 0