View Single Post
      08-21-2012, 12:02 PM   #96
cmhsam
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by visualguy View Post
If BMW was planning to let my $100K car sit exposed at the port for a 1-2 months, then I would have liked to know about this in advance. Some people may not have been happy about letting this happen, and they would have preferred to wait with the order to avoid this. Dealers selling July allocations didn't tell their customers that their cars would suffer this fate.
Unfortunately its not your car until you take delivery and sign the contract. You could decide not to take delivery of the car if it doesnt meet your visual inspection. BMW still owns the liability of the car as it sits on their balance sheet. So I would assume that BMW is letting their vehicles sit at the port.

I am not here to argue that this is right or wrong. All I am saying is that information was never released by BMW, not a dealer, that would lead me to believe that the car would be released prior to 9/1. If a dealer told you something that points a delivery/release prior to 9/1 then I would ask your dealer to produce the document/bulletin.
Appreciate 0