spiff
The Dr
Rep
Drives: M20 Saloon, F800S

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafan13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiff View Post
Yeah two spacers on the front. Which yes I believe equals 20mm. 12mm + 5/16th which I think is 8mm?

The tire was rubbing the inner control arm. Now zero rubbing !
Seeing how it looks now, do you think you could have fit the 305/30 on the 19x11 ET44s with the same 20mm in spacers or a 17.5mm spacer? My guess is the outside would be fine, but less sure about where the control arm was rubbing.

Another option in hindsight might be the 19x10.5 ET22s. From the pictures it seems like there might be room for the extra 3mm on the outside, but hard to tell from the pictures I'd the edge of the tire would rub as the suspension compresses.

Thanks for taking the plunge on this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vafan13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiff View Post
Yeah two spacers on the front. Which yes I believe equals 20mm. 12mm + 5/16th which I think is 8mm?

The tire was rubbing the inner control arm. Now zero rubbing !
Seeing how it looks now, do you think you could have fit the 305/30 on the 19x11 ET44s with the same 20mm in spacers or a 17.5mm spacer? My guess is the outside would be fine, but less sure about where the control arm was rubbing.

Another option in hindsight might be the 19x10.5 ET22s. From the pictures it seems like there might be room for the extra 3mm on the outside, but hard to tell from the pictures I'd the edge of the tire would rub as the suspension compresses.

Thanks for taking the plunge on this!
Tough to say now. I'd love to try the ET25's for comparison sake. I didn't realize how the 305's would rub compared to the 295's.

I think 11" wide in the same offset would work as it felt like just the tire was rubbing, no wheel issues.