View Single Post
      02-28-2013, 06:55 PM   #46
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by avlnch View Post
You really cannot rely on the M5 keeping its value.. the valuation you got from BMW FS does not surprise me at all. FYI, take a look at the current market value of 2010 M/Y E60 M5's.. they are now out there with low mileage at 45k.

Basically, if you want a car that holds its value.. then you must go Porsche.
You can buy a Porsche Panamera Turbo or GTS and UPGRADE to the newest model year without loosing a penny. The dealer will simply take it back and get you into the latest model.. every single year, you will be driving the latest model year Porsche.
Or get onto the dealerships "game", and put up your porsche for private sale or dump it at a carmax at the end of every model year - and you will walk away with around $10k or more in your pocket.. go back to Porsche and do it all over again.
Well I personally just got quite a bit more than that on "trade" form my dealer for mine. And YES I understand how the "numbers" work. Used to be int hat business years ago and am highly versed. I negotiate the purchase price first with no trade then I say "I will trade my car perhaps". I got a $5K discount on the F10 and a solid trade value on my 2010 E60. In fact, I met the guy who bought my old car shortly afterwards and he paid mid $50s for it.

Also, in agreement with BImmer6. Here in Atlanta you lose your butt on sports car period. Deals on Porsches left and right.
Appreciate 0