View Single Post
      02-28-2013, 09:19 PM   #47
avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 Individual M5

FYI, I am located in South FL and have had great success.. I can only speak from my personal experience. While I was considering the Porsche Panamera Turbo/GTS (what an awesome car by the way), I spoke to my sales advisor.. he was surprised I knew about this (I guess most don't?). We talked a lot about it.. and the options were there and they were attractive.
If anyone is near their end of lease term on a Porsche, I would encourage you to find out your buyout and then try to work a deal with porsche financial for a better buyout deal (work them a little if you can). Then go from there. If you can make a gain and it's enough of a gain, complete the buyout or get into a new one.. whatever makes most sense for you and your situation.

@Stealth.Pilot PM me if you wanted more info about my last post. Are you seriously considering the Porsche Panamera (turbo or GTS)? I was, and also I was really impressed. The best part is the quality of the interior, doors, etc. It just blows away the M5. Also, the technology in that car is awesome (such as the dash with the various functions and info it displays). While that tech is a step up from the F10 M5, the Porsche navigation and 'computer' is a definite step down (hard to use, lack of flow, and too many buttons). The GTS is very cool (BTW you must get the ten thousand dollar exhaust option which is just a button that opens and closes valve.. hah). It sounds awesome and heck, the factory button is cool.
However, the GTS is underpowered and feels a bit slow. The Turbo S is very quick, but much more expensive (around 200k). I did end up choosing the M5 and I put in an order for a very unique 2013 Individual F10 M5 (early march build date). I just liked it better (M5).. handling is better and more of a drivers car. But when you sit in the Porsche Panamera.. the quality is very impressive and that alone blinds you until the end of the test drive which falls a bit short of the M5. I came to the conclusion that I will probably go Panamera Turbo S in the future.. and price was not a factor.. the M5 was just more of a drivers car (as any M owner will understand). The M5 is a better overall package.. IMO. Both are great cars though and it's hard to go wrong either way.. it just depends what factors are more importaint to you (handling, quality, tech, etc). Goodluck stealth.. and look into the Lauderdale dealers (Porsche only though).
Appreciate 0