View Single Post
      06-20-2014, 01:55 PM   #35
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-bitious
I feel comfortable to quote with my latest IPE exhaust upgrade 810bhp. Crank bhp is what we Europeans go by (just like BMW quoting crank bhp). People may do their own maths on what they believe the wheel power is. Sorry to disappoint. I do don't really care about RWHP.

In the meantime I have a flash from abroad that should remove the torque limiter in the gearbox, which should take it over 1,000Nm and the speed limiter which I hit at 328 km/h indicated. I am now preparing the car for a real top speed run in Germany. I will be checking:

- Max speed allowed on the Michelin Pilot Supersports. (350 km/h for sure)
- Filling them with nitrogen rather than just air.
- Discussing the right tire pressure front and rear.
- Having tires removed for internal inspection.
- Filling up with Aral 102 Octane for max power.
- Calculating the down force on the car in kg.

Since I am expecting a top speed in excess of 220 mph indicated I really need to take this extremely serious. The car is very heavy and the tires have to take all this load and heat. I don't want to have a blow out. If I have the slightest concern during the run I will stop.

So keep looking out for the video, v-box and photo material I hope to post after June 29.
Do you have any data from the dragstrip or Vbox . That means a lot more than any dyno number, and would definitely shut anyone up if you trap more than 130mph in the 1/4 mile . With 800 hp that should be no problem .
Appreciate 0