View Single Post
      08-18-2016, 06:55 PM   #11
MyF15+F85
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 F85 and 2015 F15

maf sensors

Don't want to sound any bells, or anything like that, but...

Some MAF sensors are extremely sensitive to any outside interference ( cleaners chemicals ).... Don't know exactly how the BMW one works therefore I will shut my mouuuts .
I have bad experience with my previous cars, and that got expensive. I will never touch MAF sensors with any cleaners, chemicals, compressed air or such.
My extend of cleaning is just wipe with a rag of a sort ( that is it )
If BMW is using Karman vortex principle ( or such ) + temp sensor ( MAF ) you may not be to happy with the outcome, since the flow meter is measuring frequency of the air moving though it ( the device ) and ( Karman ) has a thin aluminum foil that resonates with air flowing through it, electronics then translate it into voltage that computer can actually use to calculate proper fuel.
Using anything to clean it ( compressed air, wet spray, alcohol will damage the sensing abilities of the MAF and will kill the sensor ( wrong read outs ). Rough idle, inability to rev....

Hopefully BMW ( bosch, continental ) is using cleaning friendly device which is unaffected by any of the cleaners.
Appreciate 0