View Single Post
      08-15-2017, 11:00 AM   #11
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatcat View Post
Yeah the AMG is now even heavier than the usual pig in this segment, which is the Audi. I don't remember the weight of the new Porsche Pam Turbo but I'm pretty certain it's over 2000 Kg as well.

Looks like BMW is the only one in this segment who even cares trying to keep it under 2000 Kg.
The new Panamera Turbo is slightly over 4,400lbs as well.

As of this writing BMW hasn't officially released the curb weight figures for the F90 M5 yet. When the F90 Prototypes were unveiled to journalists, they cited curb weight figures that were wildly inconsistent. Therefore we will have to wait and see, at least until next week what BMW states will be the final curb weight figure for the F90. I do bet that it will be lighter than the E63S, but by how much I don't think I can even take a guess right now. There is still so much we don't know about the F90 in terms of weight savings efforts. No word yet on what the doors will be made out of, carbon fiber drive shaft? Carbon Fiber Hood? I think I did read the F90 M5 may get a Carbon Fiber Trunk/Boot, that's unconfirmed I think. We do know the F90 will get a Carbon Fiber Roof option, where we also know that the E63S will not have that. We may know all next week apparently.

Appreciate 0