View Single Post
      02-08-2015, 07:51 PM   #8
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M5ForWin View Post
I can confirm that it is extremely dangerous to speed in VA unless you want a ticket. It is definitely a police state. I have heard about people literally being taken to jail for speeding. No personal experience thankfully. I have also heard there is a movement by law enforcement to ban the Waze feature that pinpoints the location of police. I would be very surprised if VA wasn't spearheading this effort. It is after all the only state in the US to ban radar detectors.
Actually when the news story first broke in the media. They stated that VA Troopers were the ones who initially contacted Google to remove that feature from Waze, stating the incident that occurred in NYC as the reason for wanting to protect police officers in the field.

I personally know an M4 owner that has gone to jail at least a couple of times for speeding in VA. It literally amazes me that with the laws that Virginia has the absolute disregard of these laws I see on a daily basis within state borders by the common motorist. I literally try my hardest to not get pissed off every day while driving my M5 below the speed limit on all highways and roads in VA. Everyone does about 15-25mph over the speed limit on the highways, and I seem to attract the ass-clowns that try to cut me off and get in front of me. Just yesterday some idiot in a BMW X5 decided to stay on my ass on an on-ramp even though I'm already doing 10mph over the limit and then proceeds to maneuver his way in front of me just so he can go a little faster than traffic on the highway. So either way, there's just no winning in Virginia. Try to obey the speed limit and people drive like assholes around, try to keep up with traffic and stay away from bad drivers and you run the risk of going to jail. I think Virginia needs to secede from the Union and becomes its own country.

Appreciate 1
BMWM5NYC496.00