Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10, 2013 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by variable229
Quote:
Originally Posted by bake View Post
Was helping my buddy remove his grille today and was unable to remove the drivers side which has the NV camera mounted. We were able to release all of the clips on the grille, but still couldn't get it out. Felt like there was still something holding it in, but was unable to see what. Anyone know how this is done?
I have night vision on my car (2015 LCI version) and did a grill swap out to fit the IND ones in. There is a screw nut that you have to remove from the top of the car that holds onto a bracket with the front grill. I yanked mine out previously (old grill) and broke a tab. But you can learn from my lesson.

Open the hood. Remove the rubber grommet from the front bumper on the driver side with night vision (you don't have to take off the whole thing, just lift 25% of it up to move it out of the way). There is a plastic housing that covers the headlight assembly. This housing covers where the hood hooks into to close.

You want to pop off 2 plastic tabs of the plastic housing so you can lift that up. It will expose a hole near where the bumper and where your night vision assembly would be. You need to remove this 1 hex nut. I used a driver and extension to unfasten it. After that is removed, use two hands grab the grill and yank it out.
Thanks. I will take a peek next time I am with my buddy. If you can snap s pic pointing to the point fact location you are referring to, that would be awesome. Thanks again

Last edited by bake; 12-28-2014 at 11:20 AM..
Appreciate 0