View Single Post
      08-27-2012, 07:39 AM   #15
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamLegend View Post
Quite surprised the M5's turbos did not overheat. They most likely added an oil cooler as I heard (and even saw on this forum too) that the turbos overheat so easily, sometimes in a matter of minutes...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapezzul
Would you mind linking to this so called "overheat" issue?

I have driven the X6M at Road Atlanta in over 95 degrees with 95% humidity and never overheated. I have driven this M5 in Spain in a heat baked 95 degree track and never overheated. The turbos are cooled in many ways as is the engine. It is run in death valley and tested in a specialized facility to make sure everything is up to par. Considering that these cars were run non-stop for 3 days in a row by journalists and race car drivers with no issues I find the turbo overheat thing to be nonsense.

It's people that spread rumors just to hate on the movement of the modern car that are the issue rather than the car, the new M5/M6 are so much better than the previous models it is laughable.

There was a single instance of high altitudes, low oil and plain old abuse that caused an event but that is not the norm and any car would have issues with those circumstances.
Great way of clarifying things sir!
Appreciate 0