View Single Post
      03-23-2018, 04:37 PM   #2
WickedBMW
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3 MT

I wish BMW dealer that sold me my car was receptive like yours. I have issues with cooked front rotors. I took my car to BMW closest to my house for a regular scheduled maintenance, and asked SA to check my front brakes because they were squeaking and causing steering to shake when braking at highway speeds. I was told by SA that rotors have hotspots and that BMW NA would not cover replacement as this is an indication of non-standard driving. I raised this issue with the dealer I bought my car from to resolve this problem. Service manager told me that they conducted safety inspection before they put the car for sale, and rotors measured over 10mm. My argument is not a lifespan of these brakes, but what they cause. If they took the car on a trade-in with bad brakes, and discovered this issue during an inspection, and instead of replacing them for which they would bear financial responsibilities they decided to sell the car as is. Thus, they sold this problem to me. Initially, they were refusing to accept any responsibility until I told them that I’m going to speak to an attorney. Later, I was told to have my car towed to them which is 16o+ miles away from my location, and they would pay for it. When I asked them to provide full disclosure about paying for towing; zero response. Next interaction with operations manager about driving the car to them for an examination of rotor by their tech to which I agree. However, I asked them to have the parts on hand if they going to replace rotors at their expense. If they weren’t going to replace them without BMW NA one time approval then they should have a loaner, or a rental car for me while car is being checked by BMW rep. Guess what? Zero response. I also find out that car does not qualify for BMW extended warranty. As of right now, I’m meeting with an attorney next week to see if there was some sort wrong doing with this transaction.
Appreciate 0