View Single Post
      12-25-2013, 10:31 AM   #2
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

YES! YES! YES!

I experienced the same thing except for me it was yesterday! It's been pretty crappy weather up in DC and the NorthEast for the last few weeks. I went skiing out in Western Maryland this past weekend and it rained/snowed the entire drive from DC out to the west, so I had to take the Fiat Abarth.

Then yesterday after not having driven my M5 for the better part of a month, the weather finally cleared up and I took the M5 down to my parents house in North Carolina with the trunk filled with Christmas presents and sleeping bags.

I left super early in the morning yesterday to avoid any holiday traffic and it was all clear down the highway down to Richmond. People are still crazy on I-95 though. There were people doing 90-100mph without a care that 20mph over the speed limit in the State of Virginia can land you in jail with a charge of wreckless driving and a permanent criminal record.

I then took highway 360 from Richmond to the border of North Carolina. The VA State Troopers aren't as bad on the 360 but they were definitely out in force. I methodically caught several of them trying to catch me with my WAZE App and with other detection methods. I set my cruise control at 64mph which was only 1 or 2 mph over the 60mph speed limit and I even used the Speed Limit Warning Function in the iDrive to keep myself honest.

Once I crossed the border into North Carolina I let all hell break loose. The last time I went Wide Open Throttle on my M5 was when I tracked it at VIR. My experience was just like yours Stealth. I got to feel the full acceleration of my M5 with its straightpipes in all its glory!! That was my real Christmas present! Just getting to drive my ///M the way it was designed to be driven on an open road with not a soul in sight.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night! HO HO HO!!

Also Happy Birthday Stealth!!!

Appreciate 0