View Single Post
      05-04-2014, 12:42 PM   #11
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

I was trying to get one to do a 40 roll with me today and post it... He won't come out... I haven't seen any good stock dynos from that car and I'm guessing you lost due to throttle modulation, which our cars should get off the line faster than that thing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
The reason you saw RPM stuck is because of DSC took action.
At hard acceleration, your wheels start spinning and car is becoming unstable. In order to avoid this, DSC takes action, applies brake and cuts the engine. your car moves forward and then DSC releases the power and disengages the brakes and let car go smoothly.
When you turn the traction on (MDM) you give DSC some freedom to put down more power and torque and that's why you felt wiggling.
when you turn off the DSC completely, then it is the deal between Man and machine and you have to control the car by yourself without any help of ECU. Anyways, I believe M5 can beat ZL1 but you need some experiences. I recommend you to go to BMW Performance driving school if you are interested in having some skills. Don't follow people experiences since this car is so powerful and you can easily lose the control.
Goodluck
I think MDM is pretty easy to correct for most people in a straight line... Now DSC OFF completely then its a crapshoot haha

If he had full traction on and put it in D mode and mashed lol and the ZL1 driver knew his car even a tad bit.. I can see him losing.

OP DO NOT JUST GO STRAIGHT TO TRACTION OFF... I learned traction off on my M3 and even that was a handful lol I couldn't imagine trying to learn it on the fly on this car. If you're getting scared work with MDM in safe ares where you can't mess up too bad [or get tickets], or head to performance school.

Last edited by M5Rlz; 05-04-2014 at 12:48 PM..
Appreciate 0