12-28-2011, 01:51 PM   #77
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Spelman View Post
From reading his posts here and on m3post basically he just thinks anything turbo and not naturally aspirated v8/v10 has no 'soul'

But like you said the 1M seems to have plenty of soul despite being a turbo 'parts bin' car.

Ppl with their NA powered BMWs should stop looking down their noses at the new gen of turbo BMWs and dismissing them outright as soul-less. Especially if they havent even driven them.
Ah, but I have driven them, all of them except the 1M and obviously the ///M5, and owned some of them as well.

Btw, as you make your "eyes rolling smiling" when referencing what you think is my opinion perhaps you should take the time to read all of my posts. I have never had an issue with Fi cars, as every day drivers I think they are perfect. I have an issue with "low revving" FI cars because I feel it removes the character and "soul" of the ///M division.

I also remember the days, not that long ago, where BMW used to look its nose down on many of the other manufacturers' policy of "one engine fits all" and just plowing gobs of power into their cars. Doing a 180 never looks good.

Finally, my opinions are just that, and I have not been condescending and there really exists no reason to add the "rolling eyes" smile.....you could just say you don't agree with my opinion, or better yet as me to clarify my opinion if you in fact care (which is fine if you don't as I wouldn't care about my opinion either)

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0