View Single Post
      11-06-2013, 07:36 AM   #6
Reznick
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 ,01 330,M240?

I have to agree with everyone here, but I'd like to add one thing.I'm in Syracuse NY.There aren't a ton of Teslas running around.Maybe its just the guys I've talked with that have them, but there seems to be more of an elitist attitude that must comes with the car when you buy it( yeah I know,,this from a BMW guy.lol )I was walking through the a parking lot and asked, in passing to gentleman getting out of his Tesla, how he liked it. His answer to me was "well first you have to have the money"....?????? WTF? What does that have to do with anything I just asked.? I'm not some kid, so I was a little taken back by the answer. I just laughed. The only other person that I've talked with that owns one went on to tell me that his Tesla wold crush any car out there.I know what it's like to be in love with a car you just got , but come on. To me it's just the newest toy on the block. I love the fact that they are bringing electric technology forward( I really think a combo of ICE and electric is the way to go right now). Just my observation but it seems like the majority of the owners( from what I've seen on forums and personal experience) don't really care about the performance of the car.The fact that it does go like it does is just a good bonus for them.I think for a lot of owners it's about having something that not a lot of people do.Thats fine but rareness alone does not make a great all around car.Either does a quick 0-60. I personally like the Tesla S but give it a few years and let the newness wear off.Right now there are just too many unknowns. Especially in very cold climates.Sorry for the rant
Appreciate 0