View Single Post
      11-06-2013, 08:11 AM   #7
Tom C
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8 GC Comp, Shelby GT500

I really like the stying and it is a very good performer. However, the propaganda machine is in full effect. Instead of letting the car stand on it's own laurels.... there are automotive "journalists" (I am being REALLY generous with that title) who want to create a mythology about that car that is completely misleading or even untrue. Everyone has seen the Automobile video of the Tesla beating an F10 M5 in a drag race. It is obvious that they told the M5 driver to just hammer the throttle with traction control off and let it spin its wheels. Last night on the Top Gear (US) they did a drag race with a ZL1 Camaro...of course the Tesla gets it by a nose. Then they did a race around a track against its main competitor....a '13 MB S550 (which I think they claimed the 550 nameplate meant 550hp...but I was half paying attention and need to re-watch). So now the Tesla is an S-Class rival? The Tesla is 10" shorter than the S-Class. Obviously, the E-Class would have been the better rival, but even the much cheaper E550 might have beaten the Tesla...let alone an E63 which would have been about the same price.

These "journalists" will create the match-ups that circumstantially benefit their electric golden-boy. I guess that is what turns me off about the Tesla... the mythology and BS that most of their owners buy into..... that and the fact that the car emits no sound... talk about no soul... I don't want to feel like I am driving a supped-up golf cart....
Appreciate 0