View Single Post
      10-17-2014, 05:37 PM   #4
s4play
Car Tuning Geek
United_States
Rep
Drives: too many rides....

We already have two SUV's in the family so don't want another box truck as I call it! Otherwise that would open up another can of worms (ML63, X5m, X6M, etc)

Seems like we are all cross-shopping the same cars

So far in my research and shopping, the RS7 is my top choice but it's priced out of what I want to spend for a DD, plus finding a pre-owned white or suzuka grey is near impossible in my price range.

I still have hopes of finding a certified Pana GTS since it's my top choice even though I can't row the gears. The PDK is such a smart and intuitive tranny that it's like an extension of my brain but acts quicker! I love how much cargo space it can haul with the seats folded down and totally agree with the statement it drives like a much smaller car until you look in the rearview mirror.

The M5 is the best executive all around car with space for 5 and stupid fast. Having the ability to maybe find a 6MT with a lower price tag is a huge bonus. I agree it's a bit sedate and isolated in road feel but hoping to add a nice exhaust and suspension to open it up a bit. So my goal right now is to find a well cared for 13/14 6MT white m5....

2016 M3 is still an option and no rush since not available yet. The one-piece front and rear seats is sort of a negative since I can't have headrest monitors for the kids. (this is an awesome add-on that the kids love on longer road trips). Price is in the range of the pre-owned M5.

Nothing against Mercedes since they build great cars/wagons but I really don't like the E63. I'd rather have the S-class at that point.

So for me at this point is a) Pana GTS b) M5
15 Ferrari 458 Spider
Appreciate 0