View Single Post
      11-16-2012, 08:28 PM   #16
Stonehands
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

I have an entire thread on the M6 side. Its "snap, crackle, pop". I have experienced this now over 5 times. It is very intermittent and infrequent. Several M6 drivers have experienced it. It started by sounding as if grit or small objects striking the windshield. This was followed by static, all coming through the speakers. When I adjusted the volume knob or steering wheel controls for volume the static would be related to the volume level of the device. It persists even when the radio is turned off. It is not limited to the B&O. I have the premium sound and have it. It is not related to the bluetooth, iphone (I have a blackberry), NAV system. It appears to be some form of interference rather than loose wire/grounding problem. In my case, it always occurs in the same locale, my local gas station where I refuel. I have already had the dealer look into it but they could not reproduce it. I contacted them today and informed them owners with the problem are coming forward more and more. The sevice mgr and master tech are putting an inquiry to BMW. I'll update if I get any info. The way I get mine to stop is to turn off the car, let it sit for a few minutes then restart. Once I had to leave it overnight to get rid of it. I would appreciate any input on resolution.
Appreciate 0