View Single Post
      11-25-2012, 03:53 PM   #53
grendel88
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M3

Well, I test drove the 991 S, the Panamera GTS, the Panamera Turbo, and the M5.

My impressions:

Surprisingly, the 991 S drove maybe 10% better than than my E92. It is small. Moving my golf clubs in and out will be a pain.

The GTS and Turbo were both AWESOME. The car does seem to shrink around you. The sound of the GTS was amazing.

The M5 was brute power more than the Turbo, but really felt a lot like my wife's 535.

Now, the numbers...on similar leases, the M5 is 15% less than GTS and 20% less than the Turbo. Funny to say that the M5, with the maintenance plan, is the best value with the most amenities, but the Porsche provides the better driving experience.

As far as looks, I am not in love with either. This current M5 does not seem to me as "wild" as previous M5s in terms of looks. The Panamera looks much better in person and does grow on you, but as a lover of car aesthetics, I can't say that it is great looking car.

In all, I am torn somewhat, but will probably go Porsche, which is REALLY disappointing for me, as my E92 was 5th BMW, and I was really looking forward to upgrading to an M5. But the best way to describe my feelings on everything is that the M5 drives exactly how it looks, big and powerful; the Panamera drives the opposite of how it looks, precise and exciting.

I will have a new car and pics next week.

Thanks guys.
Appreciate 0