10-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #59
727jbh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 GC Donington Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer6 View Post
Did you not have a REP from BMWNA providing updates? My REP called me daily, and made all the calls to my dealer and the VDC. My car arrived in New Jersey 9/26 and was at the dealer on October 8th all repaired at the VDC. Good luck. I sent BMW an email thru the website, and I was called the next day, and I also called my ED REP that handled my order.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgarvish View Post
I think if you actually believe you deserve compensation (and want to get it anytime soon) that you will need to call BMW NA yourself and not wait for calls from them. I have had many MANY conversations.
I did receive a call from Ben at BMWNA on Oct 3rd to let me know the pumps were sent to the dealerships. I asked about compensation and he stated that compensation would be reviewed after the repair was completed on my car. I haven't tried calling yet, but will call as soon as I get home from work. Will let you know the outcome.

I'm surprised that BMWNA hasn't made the effort to contact each of us with a compensation offer. It's not like there are thousands of us, I believe there were under 500 of us with delivered M's. I could be wrong, but I thought that's what I read in a earlier thread. But anyway, even if it was 1500 of us, you could respond to everyone within a week. They notified everyone in one day of the recall.

I leased the M5 and wasn't able to use it for 18 days, if I rented a house for 3 years and the landlord asked me to move out for 18 days for renovation, don't you think some compensation would be due immediately?
2007 750Li Black Sapphire Metallic (sold)
Appreciate 0