View Single Post
      04-18-2013, 12:49 PM   #28
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong0 View Post
Also maybe the price per gallon does affect the upper middle class and upper 1% to push for a Tesla or a car that does not get 17 mpg
This point has stronger validity with every passing month as well. Below is a good article released yesterday about Tesla finally turning a profit for the 1st quarter of 2013. Tesla production is starting to catch up to demand. Turns out that there may be a lot more 1%'ers who would rather opt to buy a $100,000 Tesla Model S, which can outperform an F10 M5 from 0-100mph and not spend any gas doing it. Also consider some of the super rich celebreties and such who all own Toyota Prius's not because they want to save a buck or two on gas, but because it's the trendy thing to do. Even I have to admit that the Tesla Model S looks semi-exotic. Owing to the poor sales of the $50,000 version of the Model S, I now see another reason why there may be so many more F10 M5's sitting on dealer showroom floors. I see more and more Tesla Model S's here in SoCal every month.

In the future I predict that their will be more battles over sales between high end Gasoline Luxury Sedans and Tesla Electric Sedans.

http://beta.fool.com/reubengbrewer/2...gyholnk0000001

Appreciate 0