View Single Post
      11-25-2014, 01:44 PM   #11
EuroKar
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

I've seen so many different scenario's with dealerships. My conclusion they all LIE, and not all dealerships are experienced with all cars. If they have problems figuring out an issue cause its a new car, they don't service a lot of M's etc.. they call a tech hotline and are told over the phone what to replace.
I've personally asked before bringing in a car for warranty work, leave parts on, take parts off..etc. It all comes down to WHO is performing the work on the car and what the car is actually at the dealership for.
There was a BMW dealership that bought/sold/installed BMS parts here in CA until recently. So, its always a different scenario.
But, back to the topic at hand...
There is a large difference between a BMS and Dinan running car.
You get what you pay for. And for anyone thinking all you have to do is remove your unit and the dealer will never find out that you added any type of piggy back..your wrong. They will find out regardless of what you may have been told.
These diagnostic computers are very detailed and store lots of information in many control modules that an aftermarket scan tool can not clear.
If you have the money to spend, go with Dinan. You will not be disappointed.
I've installed BMS kits and they work very well for what it is.
No bashing on anyone from me.
Appreciate 0