12-04-2014, 09:39 AM   #19
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by padrino View Post
Was talking with the manager of my local BMW dealer last night, asking why they dropped support for Dinan a few years ago.. He proceeds to walk through multiple blown engines on Dinan cars that BMW would not touch as part of the factory warranty, yet Dinan would not pay for although no other mods than Dinan... They eventually got BMW to pay for one to help make a customer whole but in the end two customers left in the lurch over the course of a year with Dinan not honoring their warranty..

Sounds like the dealer is thinking of signing back up with Dinan since it's been a few years, but those stories make me wonder about the security of the warranty offered...

Obviously there are two sides to every story so take it with a grain of salt, definitely interesting hearing some of the fallout from tunes when things go wrong.
I am really curious as to who this dealer is if you don't mind since to the best of my knowledge and the other sales guys knowledge we haven't had a single dealer in the Virginia/Maryland area leave the program, at least in the last 5 years.

Would love to research these supposed claims and give you factual data other then just some secondhand story that has been passed down after X generations.

We have never backed out on a legitimate warranty claim. If we had, BMW NA would not allow us to be in their stores as it gives them bad press. As an example as to how we have honored our warranty and our agreement with BMW in the past I will reference the N54 turbo fiasco. Before BMW acknowledged that there were issues we here at Dinan were buying replacement turbos in bulk since when the turbos failed, and BMW denied claim due to the Dinan tune, we were at the mercy to replace them. Even though we knew it was not our problem. Eventually the sheer amount of problems dictated that the problem was not on Dinan but we stepped up regardless. We stand behind our factory matching new car warranty and our track record with BMW NA and their willingness to allow us to be a distribution channel proves this.
Appreciate 0