View Single Post
      12-01-2012, 07:51 PM   #9
avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 Individual M5

Congrats on the buy. Post some photos when you can. What interior combo / options did you choose?

I used to live in NJ for most of the year and completely understand how much the winter limits the M. You can't really have fun until the season is over.. all you can do in the meanwhile is break the car in well (defiantly worth doing so and doing it per spec), and drive carefully.

Throw some winter tires on before its too late. The stock Michelin Pilot Super Sport's just do not work in that kind of weather. Grip is extremely limited when temps are below 35 or so. Don't even attempt riding on snow with the PSS's.. you'll either get stuck or scared straight into parking the car at a safe location or very carefully limping home.. been there and done that.

Again Congrats. Watch out for the side effect of ownership.. one week permanent grin. I am currently waiting in the "12 week lead" line for my next (4th) M5. It never gets easy, only harder.

Don't forget to post photos!