View Single Post
      12-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #51
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Lack of signalling is my absolute biggest pet peeve. Not only that, but not doing it is both discourteous as well as dangerous.

I commute in heavy traffic every day in Dallas. Just yesterday (right after seeing this thread), two very typical instances nearly caused a collision. I saw an E46 (on 75 Central) doing heavy swerving throughout traffic on a 4 lane road. Average traffic speed was probably 50mph, but he was going 75+, and cutting across multiple lanes without any signals. Not sounding hyperbolic at all.. but this is how people die.

The second was on a single lane road that was detoured due to heavy construction (LBJ 635). Both sides of the road had concrete barriers, i.e. there was no shoulder at all. I was following a big Lexus SUV at a safe distance, approximately 40mph. The Lexus decided to slam on his brakes, and make a sharp left turn onto a temporary/side road. This was all without blinkers of course. If I see your blinker I am much more able to control my speed in reaction to your brake lights. Just brake lights don't tell me you're going from 40mph to zero to make the turn. But a turn signal lets me know you're coming to a complete stop before making a turn. If I have to brake more suddenly because I don't know you're coming to a complete stop for a turn, then someone could rear end me, as well.

Drives me fcking nuts. It is not that hard to move your finger one inch, to save a life, property and maybe someone's sanity.

Last edited by SamS; 12-06-2012 at 01:21 PM..
Appreciate 0