View Single Post
      02-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #51
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Guys,

I went home for lunch today during my lunch break and I took a minute and played around with the exhaust. I haven't started the M5 since last night, so it has been at least 12 hours since I started it. The Cold Start was WAY louder than what we experienced at the RPi shop yesterday. It was so loud it shook the house! It reminded me of the Cold Start on the E60 M5 with the RPi GT Exhaust AND the RPi Headers!!! It was that loud! I rev'd it up a few times after the engine warmed up for a couple of minutes and the cracks were much louder than I thought!

The only thing I can really compare it to so that people will understand without getting to hear it for themselves, is that the cracks of the exhaust sound like the tail end of a cowboy whip breaking the sound barrier.

Listen to this video with the sound turned up. This is VERY close to what the cracks with the muffler deletes sound like! The exhaust cracks are un-freakin-believably loud!! The cracking sound is MUCH MUCH sharper like the cracking of a cowboy whip in this video than any crack you've heard before with any exhaust system including the stock system.

I can't wait for more people to get to hear it in real life!

Appreciate 0