View Single Post
      11-17-2015, 08:57 AM   #16
Bigmuz7
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G16

I dont have a tracker in mine but it is garaged and it only does 6k/year .. I'm 48 but I did have three points at the time I applied for mine.

Just a heads up on this if its of interest to anyone. My company broker suggested I put the M5 on the company fleet policy after my last car, which was an X5, so after doing so, I noticed the company premium went up a little .. hardly surprising, and I was expecting the premium addition to be about £300 ontop of what the previous year for the X5 was.

It was just pure chance I did an online quote and couldnt believe the Tesco price, so I urgently swapped it off the company policy back to a private one. Heres the rub .. if you dont insure a car privately for 2 years... you .. not the car lose all your no claims bonus, and you have to start again. When you add a car to a fleet policy, they treat it as if it has no no claims cos its not you they are insuring , just the car. So having built up a substantial period without a claim, it paid great dividends to make use of that fact, and get it back into private insurance, as I was still inside the 2 year window.

When I did this, the company policy was notified of a refund of premium to the company of £800

Just be aware though, some insurance companies are reluctant to take a car off a fleet policy, as they assume you are using it for business use only. Quite how that differs from getting a private policy and adding business use, I'm not sure ?

Last edited by Bigmuz7; 11-17-2015 at 12:05 PM..
Appreciate 0