View Single Post
      09-25-2012, 07:05 AM   #99
AGS
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffysheep View Post
I spoke to my SA from the dealer today and he said that those M5s afffected by oil pump may not be immediately delivered to the dealers after clearing the customs.

He mentioned BMW plans on changing the pumps before actually sending the cars out to the dealers.

Although it's a short distance to unload and load cars, I guess BMW doesn't want to be liable for blown up engines.

*sigh* We get screwed with the adjustable seats, faulty oil pump and now this delay... I hope BMW NA does the right thing and makes up to all of us somehow.
When I spoke to the BMW NA representitive on Friday he said the delivery process would proceed as normal and the ED cars would be delivered to the dealer. I specifically asked him to confirm delivery because I told him I did not want my car sitting outside at the VPC waiting for a new oil pump. He conformed again that the car would be delivered to the dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigumz View Post
Given that they say ED cars can take up to six weeks to deliver, they can possibly sit on (read quarantine) these ED cars for awhile even if they arrive sooner without being (legally?) responsible for this time being counted as lemon law time or for loaners.
I don't think this will happen to the ED cars, but obviously I don't know for sure. The reason I say this is BMW does not own the cars - we do. They have no right to hold our property if we instruct our dealer to bring the car to the dealership. They can, obviously, choose to hold all other cars that they own if that's the preferred course of action to manage the recall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhsam View Post
Countdown starts, for me, the day my car clears customs.
+1
Previous: 2019 Donnington Grey M5 Competition, 2016 Silverstone M5 CP, 2013 Monte Carlo Blue M5 CP (ED on 9/1/12), 2009 Carbon Black M5, 2006 Silverstone M5, 2003 Sterling Grey M5, 2000 Anthracite 540i6, 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9Ltd, 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, 1978 Mazda RX-7
Appreciate 0