08-28-2023, 10:07 PM   #11
M5_Brandoe
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black sapphire M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadimshalukhin View Post
Update: The M5 was delivered this morning. It had to be forklifted off the trailer because the battery was completely dead and the car wouldn't go into gear even after being jumped. New battery fixed the issue and I drove it straight into the shop and on the lift to get inspected. Engine runs perfectly. Besides the scuffs on the bumpers, the exterior and interior are flawless.

No surprise damages. I was expecting some undercarriage damage, and will most likely be ordering most of the driver side front suspension components. The insurance company put an X on pretty much every control arm and strut even though I can only see that maybe 1 of the control arms are bent. Won't be taking any chances, so will probably just replace everything. The wheels and tires have no damage. The rest of the bottom of the car looks completely intact including all the radiators and coolers. The insurance company took off a lot of the plastic shields and they were all in the trunk. The front and rear bumpers have scuffs but not enough to need to replace them. Took the bumpers off and dropped them off at my paint guy's shop to be repaired/repainted hopefully by the end of the week. Will also have them black out the chrome fender vents and paint reflectors to match the paint.

Will also be powder-coating the rims but haven't fully decided on what color. Leaning towards gloss black, but also considering satin black, gunmetal gray, or maybe dark bronze. Also I have already ordered new front grills and trunk badge in gloss black.

Can't wait to get it done and back on the road
Wow!!!! You must be super happy that it’s so minor. That’s awesome, can’t wait to see it back in it’s prime.

Congrats again