Lieutenant Colonel
Albania
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenglin View Post
It's a M car, yet a luxury sedan.

Thus the M Engineers had that in mind to block out unnecessary noise from outside (approximately those that are of 85db and below) and give you the purest sound of your engine. By sound proofing your cabin, your family can still ride and chat in comfort during road trips.

When tracking during sports plus, you feel engaged to the car without having to hear much about the Ferrari that is chasing your backside. Just you and the engine revs.

It's my 2 cents worth, but one thing for sure. I feel that the M Engineers have done a fantastic job.
Yea, I agree.

The 2017 M5 will shoot out white smoke from the rear fenders to replicate a burnout.... this way, you don't have to worry about blowing a differential, wasting tires, gas, clutch, etc.
I'm sure the smoke system will be well complimented by the surround sound 'Active Sound' of an engine in your car.

What are you saying?!

You can't deaden the sound of a twin turbo V8 with that exhaust man, no matter how soundproof they tried to make the cabin. Thus, all you need to do is not have your music blasting and you will hear it rev very clearly.
Hell, I can hear an electric engine revving up in a LEXUS very clearly, never mind a damn V8 TT in a BMW.