View Single Post
      11-25-2017, 02:38 AM   #11
Rockin-The-F10
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali_m5 View Post
Does anyone else's m5 give a slight lag/ delay when slowing down on a corner then gassing?
Rpm seems to stay still for like 2 seconds then boom starts going feels like going from neutral to drive weirdest shit. It would do it rarely but started doing it a couple times yesterday and today. Any inputs? Please... lmao
This is my daily. Oem cats, RPI-GTM exhaust, &
msr intakes.
I have it happen sometimes. I have even talked to the dealer about it and they looked at me like I was crazy.

From what I can tell and what I think I may understand.. I seems like the DCT is a bit confused and between gears when this happens. Usually it happens to me its when I am slowing down from 50-70 to make a turn and then when I apply throttle it seems to be confused as to what gear to go into and there is a pause for about a full second. Like you said it goes into neutral then bam back into drive.
Only happened one time on the highway... I was racing a Porsche in and out with numerous full and partial throttles.. I was really driving her hard.. Did it and paused for a second and I freaked lol.. thought I blew her up.. but it picked right back up after I pulled into the right lane and slowed down for a second.
DCT Trans is very complex and I think sometimes it just falls a hair behind and has to reset. My guess... I guess... Lol.
Appreciate 0