12-26-2016, 12:22 AM   #4
painoz
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2013 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kefler View Post
Hey, that described my situation about exactly, 2008 335i to 2013 M5.. Here's the thread where I picked it up a couple months ago:

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1319666

I would say DO IT! It's a lot bigger car, which I needed. But with the active suspension it drives pretty small when you want. I only got maint for +1 year (not 2) so that sounds like a great deal assuming the price is solid.

I would say you should get them to send a screenshot of the service records for the vehicle and the in-service date. I wouldn't trust/follow the carfax for anything but maybe to look for accident records.

I think a few repairs are normal. All 13's seem to have the coolant lines retrofit, squeaking brakes, something about spark plug wear indicator TSB, etc. Even a few other repairs are fine. You definitely want to see the 1200 mile oil change in there, and then regular oil changes every 10k/1yr about thereafter. good luck!
Thanks for the reply and tips for buying an out of state car. You're right, we have very similar circumstances.

Should get more detailed pictures tomorrow. The car looks immaculate from what I can tell from the online pictures. Clean carfax. Maintenance history looks good. Has new tires. Only thing it does not have that I would like is B&O sound system. The price is a steal....especially with the extended warranty and extended maintenance (over $8k value alone), almost seems too good to be true. Hope to be driving this thing back before the new year! 1400 miles........should be fun.
Appreciate 0