United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M3

Garage List
2015 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMC Pro Machine  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
Clearly you guys are far more serious about this than I am.

I'll see if I can get my cousin to answer a few questions. He rides every weekend from midtown, manhattan to bear mountain and participates in the tour de France (5 or 10 years running)

He might be more up to your speed
Don't let our bike nerd discussion scare you; I'm happy to take a shot at any questions you might have.

Tell us more about your cousin. Is he a pro rider?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
It's all personal preference, I can't stand brake levers that move side to side. I actually prefer the latest SRAM to Campy and will likely make the switch with the next round of bikes. I have two single speeds (29er and road commie) at the moment, so shifting isn't always my concern anyway.

In a typical year, I try to get out to New Mexico and Colorado for both mountain biking and good road rides, but I've been a total slacker this year and haven't even hit 1k miles yet, which I normally do by March.
Sounds like some fun rigs. I've thought about picking up a single speed or even a fixie, but the Bay Area is currently experiencing an overrun of hipster wanna-be scum. As a snobbish roadie, I can't degrade myself by riding single speed/fixed unless it's in a velodrome.
Appreciate 0