06-24-2013, 11:06 PM   #15
nybimmerfan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6-Spd Manual MCB M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-1 Pilot View Post
Where did you do your break in service (which dealer, what town). Trying to do some ED route planning as we speak and hope to do the same thing over there.
Just for info, unless you really must have break-in service during ED, you need not have it during your ED experience. There are those who want to try the Nürburgring, that after traveling in Europe through their ED, head for it (especially if you fly in/fly out of Germany). If this is your goal then you have to have the break-in service but bear in mind that you will need to set aside at least a day to break your ED travel for this particular service. During my ED, I did want to have the break-in service done but during trip planning, I projected reaching 1200 miles somewhere in Switzerland. Looking for a place to have the break-in service done would necessitate my staying 2 extra days in a chosen location. So, finally, I decided not to have one and just have it when the car gets Stateside. Anyway, whatever you decide, have a nice ED -- I am sure it will be one that will be memorable as the one I did!