11-07-2013, 02:13 PM   #16
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhirm5 View Post
Every time I heard journalists moan about the too many combinations, I wondered why that was an issue; didn't really get it until I got my car. Now that I have it, I know why they're saying it. It's because they're fucking retarded.

What here is difficult to understand? Three settings each for throttle, suspension, steering, and tranny. Makes perfect sense to me - and I do move around in the settings a good bit depending on how I feel like driving. I think it's great - I'd actually prefer they separated out transmission shift speed from rpm into two settings so you can pick to have lightning fast shifts, but perhaps not hold gear as long as it does in D3. Of course, I suppose then these morons' heads would explode.
Just the same as when BMW introduced I-Drive. Journos thought it too complicated and preferred the old school stuff. Now that I have had two cars with I-Drive I wouldn't change back. It's so much better and easier to use than so many of the other cars I drive. It just takes a bit to adapt to.

Maybe BMW should make special edition models just for journalists with a very limited choice menus and big buttons for some features...
Appreciate 0