View Single Post
      05-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #11
avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 Individual M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackson1906
I live in NOVA and I have the Bel STIR+. It is stealth and expensive, but totally worth it. I have everything in the grill of the car, controls hidden inside the car and the display in my rear view mirror. I got mine done at a place in MD, but there is a place in Tysons that does it as well but I can't vouch for them. I looked at the 9500ci as well and I was told that the only difference b/w it and Bel STIR+ is the color of the display (blue vs. red). There's also a place in Boston that I thought about going to that can put the radar and laser notifications in the HUD, but I didn't feel like driving up there and they aren't open on weekends.

Also, I keep out of state tags on my car and that allows me to remove the front license plate. Although cops can hit any flat surface on the front or back of your car, most of them like hitting the license plate for an accurate read b/c it's usually the flattest part of the car. So, if you can remove the front license plate that may buy you some time in some situations.
They actually place the radar and laser info in the HUD or do they just install something near it so it projects onto the windshield/HUD area?