02-20-2013, 05:09 PM   #12
nybimmerfan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6-Spd Manual MCB M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by neurom View Post
Mine is June 21, will dropoff in Nice too, wave if you see a SG M5. Enjoy!
Nice is a much better place to stay to drop off the M5 as the drop off place is very close to Nice's Arenas airport. Monaco (especially the neigborhood of Monte Carlo) is a place to visit but not drive around/park with your new M5 unless you don't mind getting a nick/dent or two or three. Parking space is horrible even if you can pay the approx. Euro 35 - 40/day private parking at the Monte Carlo hotels. I had difficulty finding vacant indoor parking space especially so in Monte Carlo. Although I did find one, I changed my mind and left as the parking space was so tight. If you are able to get space with other cars parked parallel to yours, you may have difficulty getting out of your car. If you get lucky enough to park in an area with vacant adjacent spaces, for sure, when you get back those vacant spaces will be gone; pray that the people who parked beside you don't bang their car doors with yours when they get out (I doubt they will be careful just for your new car's sake). I got so frustrated looking for parking that first morning we went that I finally decided to return to Nice and parked at our hotel and just took car service and be dropped off in Monte Carlo. During my prep for my October 2012 ED, I had intended to stay in Monaco/Monte Carlo for 3 days but changed my reservations and opted to stay in Nice. Thanks to the info given by a friend who lives in Nice. It would have been super had he also advised me beforehand, not to dare drive my new M5 into Monaco/Monte Carlo. Anyway, Monaco/Monte Carlo is just 10 miles from Nice. There are "limo" transport services you can take from you Nice hotel, if you want to go in style. If you want to be adventurous, you can even take the public bus (cost is Euro 1 each way) or the train (cost is approx. Euro 4 each way). We tried the bus on the way back to our Nice hotel. I already had the chance taking the train on previous trips.

Anyway, congrats and good luck.