05-18-2013, 10:34 PM   #39
mlhj83
Scythe-Meister
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP | F80 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil335 View Post
Boy you British people are unyielding but I'm pretty sure we're worse. Lol! Joking around. With BMW I just don't buy it. BMW has mastered the art of making a great product and then right after you buy it they release a better version of the same thing you just bought. It's a strategy, a business and marketing strategy. Every company does it. My point is that if the "M" model is your Motorsport brand and top of the line catagory then customers shouldnt have to worry about a new package that makes the car better 6 months to a year after they just bought what they thought was "The Best". Like offering a rebranded Akra Exhaust for $8k that should have originally came on the car. I'll tell you one thing though. You would be surprised how many people go to these sites and the dealership to get info on what might be coming out. When word of the 1M came out it was nonstop. Lets just say I deal with it first hand daily
Sure, we would all like all our favourite brands to make products that are at their best and remain their best for sometime to make ourselves feel good about the products we buy, but unfortunately reality is far from it.

I have no doubt that there are a lot of people out there who are in the know when it comes to upcoming products, but I'm willing to bet that a larger proportion don't; the enthusiasts have always and will always be a smaller proportion.
Appreciate 0