View Single Post
      06-18-2014, 02:13 PM   #22
mpower3330
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Non CP M5, and I deliberately bought a non-CP M5. Ride quality was very important to me. I thought the Dinan Sways were a fantastic upgrade because they take away the body roll of the standard M5, without compromising the ride quality over bumps.

The reason for buying the Dinan Sways over CP sways is because they are 35%-70% stiffer than stock based on the setting.

CP sways are only 20% stiffer, because they also work in conjunctions with stiffer springs and shocks to reduce body roll.

In case of a non-CP car, you need the sways to do more work when cornering so that's why I went with Dinan. It's also a really high quality product.

I bought them and installed them at my local Independent Dinan dealer. I was going to buy from the BMW dealer but in the end I didn't trust them with my car so I went to the Independent Dinan dealer who is actually a friend of Coldlist. These guys were superb. They also did my exhaust.
Excellent. Thanks Stealth! Very helpful. I will definitely be getting these instead of the springs. The one thing that I've disliked with the M5 is the roll, when compared to my E46 M3 (which was lowered with springs) it is terrible. The roll makes me a little nervous in the corners. This should also help deal with the BMW warranty issue, as it should not effect it when installed at Dinan dealer correct?
Appreciate 0