View Single Post
      03-26-2013, 03:52 PM   #3
Elliotdds
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

Hi nv - lol - I TOTALLY know how you feel - I think I watched the BMW m5 GP MOTO safety car video about 50x - & still I wasn't sure.

There is no question it is a bunch of money - I can't remember what I paid for my Dinan exhaust - maybe $3500???? I also think it was one that required the existing exhaust to be cut & the Dinan section welded on. That really meant, once the car was traded in - that's money you will never recoup, at least I never do.

The BMW Perf one cost me, I think around the same price @3500 (but I could be wrong) - again I thought that was a lot of money for an exhaust - and when that car was traded in - the whole exhaust went with the car, and they really don't give you much for that.

The Akrapovic is a bolt on system. It replaces everything. So you get to retain your original exhaust system. I suppose, when you go to trade in, or sell your car, just replace with the original stock exhaust, and sell the Akrapovic to a private party. I don't know what that market is like. I have been lead to believe that these come up on the used market rarely, & when they do, people want them. I am certainly no expert on that, but it is what I have been lead to believe.

Actually, the worst part is not the cost - it's trying to figure out how to store the stock exhaust! The damn thing is HUGE! LOL - I'm still trying to figure out what to do with mine!

I think the shark in Jaws is smaller than this whole exhaust!

I can just say this - when you see it in the box. When you lift the light Titanium pieces, look at the quality of the welds, and see the carbon tips that fit over a Titanium sleeve - you will NOT be disappointed!

As of now, it's the best money I have spent on a mod - IMHO
Appreciate 0